Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 10th March 2022

Doesn't look like I'll be heading south tonight.  Both Q and I have had negative lateral flow tests, but neither of us are feeling right and Q's symptoms are worse than mine, but then again I have no reason to believe I have been exposed to Covid. Nevertheless, at the very least I'm growing a nasty cold. I don't fully trust the LFTs either. Several people I know have had symptoms, with LFTs showing negative up until the fifth day of testing. I am thus wary and being very cautious (still wearing masks when out as well) - keeping clear of E as I really don't want her to get Covid. 

Checking for status updates during the day, but one thing is certain Q will not be going to Friday night's gathering.

Trying to work whilst feeling a little off form, but all is cool on that front.

I will, after all, be attending the Idler drinks tonight with Harry Mount talking about ancient Greece. (I tend to discard it before it starts to get discoloured)

I'm not sure I'm entirely in to the ancient Greeks, and I was a little disappointed that despite several mentions of Euripides, his trousers got not so much as a look in. Another time, perhaps? After the music chosen by Harry Mount was played, the Zoom call was unexpectedly and abruptly cut off just after an Idler friend said out loud that the singer of said song was Max Bygraves.  The curse of Max Bygraves strikes again.

Son #2 made dinner and we sat and watched the penultimate episode of 'Trigger Point'.

Q is knackered so we have a call before I go back downstairs to clear up the cooking debris, shutdown PCs, etc etc.  Time for bed, said Zebedee.

Todd Rundgren / 'When The Shit Hits The Fan / Sunset Blvd.' / 'A Wizard A True Star'
 

[[If it were possible to have a favourite album, which it isn't, this would definitely be a contender. It would certainly have to come to a desert island with me. ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020