Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 5th March 2022

Woke around 2 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. Not helped by the return of my sons separately between 3 and 5 a.m. The first return was noisy due to chatting, the second due to son #2 (I believe) trying to remove the key safe from the wall then hammer it back on again.  At least he didn't use an electric drill into the brickwork, though I'm not sure that would have been much noisier.  Someone somewhere doesn't like me sleeping!

The first carer arrived at 6:50 a.m. and I was fresh from the shower and wetter than an otter's pocket, so I threw on my dressing gown and went downstairs to set the house up for the day.

Dry and dressed now and ready for a quick chat with a cool cat before heading to the shops in search of further supplies.

Home now, drinking coffee, listening to the Radcliffe (without Maconie) BBC radio show, getting the first wash load on before doing the washing up. Slight change of plans: in the end I ate my breakfast before washing up as I was (am) ravishing.

As I'm in and out of the kitchen where BBC 6Music is playing I miss the start of 'First, Last and Everything', the spot where a guest chooses three songs. This morning's guest is obviously a scouser and Mark addresses him as 'Mick' - I'm guessing it must be Michael Head based upon the convo and, after a while, I find out that is indeed who it is. Apparently there's a new album due out in May, called 'Dear Scott', the first in five years, and it's been produced by Bill Ryder-Jones.  There's also single from it called 'Kismet' which sounds really good, so much so that it'll probably feature here at some point.

Owing to the lateness of their ascent to bed, I'm not expecting to see my sons until much later in the afternoon, so I make lunch for myself. Hopefully I will see them before I head to the south coast at around 5:30 p.m., but who knows!

After lunch I feel the need for another coffee and drink it whilst reading the Guardian. 

The shopping is delivered just after 3 p.m. and still no sign of anyone else, until a little closer to 4 p.m. when son #2 emerges and apologises for not helping with the shopping. "Not a problem", I say and remind him I'll be leaving in a couple of hours or so.

Packing is completed not long after that and it's really just a case of heading off, though I need the final nod as we are due to converge on the same location from different starting points - Olympia and my home - and I really shouldn't get there first!  

Time to go, but not before I've had a chat with son #1 and his gf as well. He says we've not had much time together and I say, I agree, but then I have been up since 6 a.m., so I've definitely been available.

In the end I arrive only moments later, and we are both getting out of our cars at almost the same time. The best laid plans, and all that.

Dinner, then sleep!

LoneLady / 'Groove It Out' / 'Hinterland'
 

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020