Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 14th July 2023

A quick trip to the shops before work. Today, however, I'm not after chocolate, but instead some essential things: eggs, milk and bread.  I had to go to the kosher deli for bread as Morrisons had almost none, so I decided to pick up a smoked salmon bagel and a flat white whilst I was there.

Now I'm well set up for work today with some lunch and chocolate for later in the afternoon.

Work is now over for the weekend and Q has returned. 

I begin packing away my work stuff, my scanner and aerial, as well as this laptop, for tomorrow I must brave the forecast wind and rain and head down south.

Today is the first public day of the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, though the weather is pretty diabolical with a very low cloud base, heavy rain and gusts of wind.  Not the best conditions for air displays and especially not for formation flying.  Glad I'm not there, though next year I hope to be able to return if the conditions are right, which does not refer to the weather.  There's been a shortage of fast jets in my life of late.

There's just Q and I for dinner tonight and, as we're both tired, instead of going shopping for food we have steak for dinner. After dinner and clearing up, we return to fully quorate status and a late dessert.  After a fair bit of conversation, it's time for bed.

Sleigh Bells /  'Rill Rill'  / 'Treats'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020