Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 17th July 2023

This must be a first! I have a second CONSECUTIVE day of chilling planned. Why on earth is that, you cry?  Well, today is departures day at the International Air Tattoo, and, subject to anything more exciting, I shall be watching it live on a screen.  I've attended this in person on many occasions and it is one hell of a spectacle: over two hundred military aircraft (fast jets, bombers, transports, helicopters, warbirds, trainers etc) depart in a three or four hour window.  If you're on the airfield it is an incredible sight and sound, as effectively you are sat on a grandstand in the middle of an active airbase.

That's probably all I need to say on that subject. I promise I'll not say another word.

After lunch, I had a break for a trip to the shops to post a letter for son #1 and also to buy some food.   It was good to get up, get out and get some fresh air, though the smell of aviation fuel....

Back to the departures armed with a coffee and some dark chocolate, for medicinal purposes, naturally.

Just to be clear, I wasn't sat on my arse all day, I also got some chores done, including...wait for it...washing.

I'm making a smoked bacon risotto for dinner and was helped by son #3. We're cooking for six tonight, so we're feeding and storing two saucepans at the same time.  It's like a proper working kitchen.

A subset of us ate together watching 'Only Connect' and a bit of 'University Challenge' before the congregation headed for their respective nests.

Denim /  'The Osmonds'  / 'Back in Denim'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020