Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 29th July 2023

At last, a semi-decent night's sleep.

I've got a busy day planned, so I need to be well organised. Q is dropping her daughter off at the airport early this morning before beginning the drive here.

I'm off for some shopping and to get my hair cut and beard trimmed at the local Kurdish barbers.

Having your beard trimmed is very relaxing and there'd be a danger of going off to sleep if it weren't for the steam.  No sleep, but I'm back now and Q is due to get here within the hour.

After a bit of a break we both left for town and the hotel leaving our cars here for the night.

We're now checked in and we'll shortly be heading to town to buy some birthday presents for son #3  for next week before meeting up with my kid sister for a coffee.

Just back from town after meeting up with my sister.  We had a great chat and it was the first time my sister had met Q.  We need to meet up again for a meal next time.

Back to hotel for a rest before getting changed and heading out for a meal.  We had a great meal, which, for me, began with a brilliant crab starter and ended for both of us with an excellent pineapple, rum and coconut ice cream dessert.

The sun was setting as we were heading back and everywhere looked good with the lights hanging from the trees.  When we arrived back there seemed to be a banging techno rave underway in the hotel basement, this does not bode well.  Let's see how it's gone tomorrow...

The Last Dinner Party /  'Sinner'  / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020