Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 30th July 2023

I am quite a fan of Techno, but I wouldn't listen to it for four hours continuously, especially not when I'm trying to sleep. To be fair, we could only hear the bass, but I don't think it really works without the melody line. Discuss.

Consequently, Q and I didn't get the best night's sleep, though thankfully it finally finished around two in the morning.  When Q booked the hotel they might have mentioned that this was likely to happen and perhaps provide a discount.  The breakfast wasn't very impressive either, so it was a good job that the room was OK and the hotel in a good location. What the Dickens?

(Not only all that, but also the ugliest chandelier I have ever seen in my life.)

We consumed a light breakfast before returning home to meet up with the boys and their gfs (well, two out of three).  Once they got ready we headed to a local eaterie (!) for brunch.

We had a fun lunch before returning home to allow Q to begin the long journey home.

Q is now home after a long and very eventful journey. One wonders about some men who are allegedly members of the human race.  They walk among us.. 

At this end of the north south continuum, son #3 and I are making dinner, which all of us enjoy whilst watching another episode of 'Dreaming Whilst Black'.

I'm expecting to sleep well tonight, Techno or no tech.

The Chemical Brothers /  'Live Again' (ft. Halo Maud)  / 'For That Beautiful Feeling' (forthcoming)


[[I thought a bit of electronic dance music had to be today's choice!]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020