Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 12th July 2023

Another rainy day in prospect, though as I'll be working again it won't affect me much.

The morning was taken up in back-to-back meetings which finished at half-past one, at which point I decided I needed to eat. Too much work, and all that.

Don't read what follows in curly brackets...

{In contrast, the afternoon was spent updating a Swagger/OAS definition, manually.  What sort of software does not come with its own API definitions? I am an architect, not a developer!  I think I am going to get it to a certain point and then ask someone in the integration team to take over before I lose my mind.}

Normal (?) service is resumed...

This week is the start of arrivals for the Royal International Air Tattoo this weekend, which is, I guess, why the weather has changed.  I think it rains for RIAT more often than not. I'm not going this year, though I hope I'll manage to do so next year.  I think that guarantees rain.

Q returns early again, and we decide on a new plan for the evening. Φ is returning from work experience in London and we're meeting her train later this evening. Rather than eat at home we've decided to head into town and have a leisurely dinner before picking Φ up at Lime Street.

Back from town after an enjoyable meal with lots of chat and imagining of possible futures (orange).  Teetering on the brink of change. Clifftop. Knife-edge.  For the record (by whom?), we ate at Pizza Express down by the docks thereby maintaining a Wednesday night family 'tradition'.

I believe it's now time to obey the commands of the moustachioed man on the spring.

Blur / 'St. Charles Square' / 'The Ballad Of Darren'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020