Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 19th July 2023

Another working day, but the last one before I have a day off to attend a special occasion. More about that tomorrow.

In the meantime, reality.

One thing that's really cheesing me off right now is all this bullshit from the con-artists and Richi Sumac (c) about poor quality degrees. Since when has the only objective in life been to earn loads of money? All degrees have value if they teach a student to think for themselves, to become independent, to learn the value of life-long learning and to develop a sense of their potential impact on the wider world.  I'd like to see how this is to be measured and how value is determined, because it surely isn't from a spreadsheet.  Writers, poets, musicians, artists, comedians and more besides, may not necessarily become rich and maybe they don't aspire to do so, but we need them.   

I have a bigger, logically constructed argument on this subject, but it really pisses me off, and I despise people that think like Sunak and so I had to write this here to get it off my chest.  That's one of many reasons why this shower of corrupt, soulless bastards needs to go.

Life goes on as normal here, where there is no normal. Normality is the abnormal.  Seven for dinner in two shifts. Sure.

Deep Purple /  'Highway Star'  / 'Machine Head'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020