Love, Poetry and Revolution - Saturday 15th July 2023

Atypically, I'm returning home today.  Q has an appointment this morning and a bunch of things to do, so I've planned a mid-morning departure.

Q makes us an enjoyable cooked breakfast, which we enjoy together before I finish my final bit of packing. ETD around 11  a.m.

That was a journey!  Thunder, lightning, torrential rain and very strong winds interspersed with bright sunshine meant that it was a very tiring journey. As is seemingly becoming customary for this time of the year, the satnav directed me off the M40 to avoid a traffic jam, unusually at Banbury, earlier than I've ever done before.  I had a surprise tour of the Northamptonshire countryside passing near Hinton-on-the Hedges airfield and RAF/USAF Croughton, whose myriad aerials and golf-ball structures are always a fascinating sight. Well, they are for some people.

On arrival home, I began with my normal visit to E, to say hello without going into details of my previous week, Idler aside.  Son #3 helped me to unload the car whilst I did some initial unpacking before I returned to watching RIAT and putting stuff away in my office.

We all had dinner together and watched two more episodes of 'Black Ops', leaving us just the final episode to watch.  The series has been great fun and I have no idea how it's going to end, assuming they're not planning on a second series.

I think it's that time again.  A lot of chatter on the Idler rogues WhatsApp group: squirrels, 'intimate' wigs (nope, I'm not merkin about), kangaroos and the fastest rabbit/hare you'll ever see on the roads of Scotland.

Pip Blom /  'Is This Love?' (with Alex Kapranos)  / 'Bobbie' (Forthcoming)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020