Tales From The Crypt - Monday 19th July 2021

Monday and change of carer for the first call of the day: she is surprisingly early so I've not managed to get fully ready by the time she arrives. This is not helped by me not having slept that well: both hot, restless and troubled by various demons.  I've got to be reasonably organised today as I need to eat breakfast before 8 a.m. to leave the required two hour minimum gap before yoga.  I also want to go for my brisk walk after eating breakfast, before it gets too hot and, not only that, it will be a good warm up for yoga.

Back from an excellent, but hot (though not hot yoga!!!), yoga session - one of my few opportunities for human contact outside this house.  Next week's session will be outdoors, or if the weather is bad, indoors over Zoom since the hall has been booked by someone else.

I spend my afternoon amongst 'The Mermaid Of Black Conch', letter writing, 'Freak Zone', and planning how to use the rest of my week.  I'd like to go up to London to one of the galleries, but even wearing a mask and being double vaccinated I'm not that happy about taking the risk at the moment.  E is very vulnerable and I really don't want to be the one that introduces her to Covid.  My plans primarily take in places I can drive to and stay away from people.

I had a plan for Tuesday but now my son has decided to move out of his uni flat in the afternoon rather than the evening, so that's shifted that plan to Wednesday.  I had promised I'd help and had not stipulated a time I could help so there's a lesson for me.

There is an evening, there is dinner, son #1 is off out with friends - guess he'll be back late, and there will be an attempt to sleep.

The Future Sound Of London / 'We Have Explosive' / 'Dead Cities'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020