Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 4th July 2021

This will most likely end up being a brief post because of my shortened weekend. I've had to compress some of the things into today that I'd normally have been able to leave until Monday.  Feels quite weird having the Monday feeling again.

Today started early as half of it will be taken up in guided silent meditation (from about twenty-past nine until one) - that's another reason I'll not have a lot to say,

As soon as the meditation finished it was time to join a wedding livestream from Bournemouth: I just made it in time as the stream began.

Watching the ceremony took me back almost 30 years to E and I's wedding.  Both the bride and the groom were as overwhelmed by the occasion as I had been all those years ago - contact lens malfunction.

Ceremony livestream over, time to get on with reading the papers - didn't get much read on Saturday, so there's a small backlog.

Stopped reading to make lunch with son #1 and his gf, after which we all ate lunch whilst they watched an old episode of 'Peaky Blinders'.

Back to the papers, which I soon made short work of, before switching to 'An Artist Of The Floating World', which I have to finish by a week tomorrow. That being said, I'm beginning to doubt I'll manage to make the next one as I'm also going for a walk followed by a meal on that day. Watch this space!

The evening took on the feel of a snowball gathering momentum as it rolled downhill: it started with me taking son #1 and his gf to the station so he could return home; a hastily filled glass of wine, then on with making dinner with son #2; the three of us eating dinner together (son #3 is still away) while watching a HIGNFY (we're nearly up to date);then tidying up and bed reasonably early ready for work tomorrow.😐

Somewhere in amongst all the above I had more ideas about fixing that which has been broken.

Soft Machine / 'Slightly All The Time' / 'Third'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020