Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 21st July 2021

Walked first thing again, before it gets too hot.  

Usual stuff for a Wednesday morning, until after the lunchtime carers leave.  The end of the carer visit marks time for me to get organised for my trip to White Waltham airfield: cameras, airband radio, suntan lotion, water etc.  I've not visited there for a few years so it should be an interesting trip out.

Just as I was about to leave the postman came and delivered a bunch of mail including my piece of granite (with certificate) from Boleskine House, on the shores of Loch Ness.  The house is currently being restored after a couple of fires destroyed much of it.  The house is famous primarily because of two of its former residents: occultist Aleister Crowley (from 1899 to 1913) and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page (who owned it from 1970 to 1992, though didn't live there much, by all accounts).  Probably more on this tomorrow. If you want to know more about the restoration, visit the Boleskine House Foundation website.

Back from a couple of enjoyable hours at White Waltham. I had lunch in the West London Aero Club bar/clubhouse then sat out watching the planes and photographing the planes and action.  The photos below capture a flavour of the place.



I enjoyed the hours I spent there and will return again soon, perhaps I may even start going there on a regular basis, as I always feel in my element when I am amongst aircraft.

Usual evening stuff culminating in sleep by way of dinner, HIGNFY, and 'The Mermaid of Black Conch'.

Wand / 'Melted Rope' / 'Golem'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020