Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Not such a good Friday for me because though the weekend does follow, it's only two-day weekend as I have to work on Monday. On the plus side next weekend I'll be off Friday through Monday - four whole days! - but I have to get there first. Worst of all I will miss yoga on Monday 😞

Work dominates the day, with the next instalment of being a lead architect starting at 10:00, before that catching up with other stuff.

Part way through the day I decide to volunteer to take part in a work experience exercise we're running for the whole of next week for year 13s across the country. Should be interesting and fun. Although there is a plan, none of us have any idea how it will go - seat of the chair excitement!

The day closes with an intro to the case study next week's students will be working on - there's a whole bunch of us doing it and everyone seems up for it.

We're having a takeaway tonight because our plans have been changed because son #1's gf is staying until Sunday now, rather than going home on Friday. Once all the cats have been herded and we've all democratically agreed what we're having, I return to listening to some music.

The takeaway arrives mid-music session resulting in a hasty end and everyone gathering to serve the food and sit down to watch the final episode of 'Spooks' from the first series.  It certainly ended with a bang.

During the course of the evening I discover that I will be Billy Nomates on Saturday night being left to watch the England game alone whilst my sons watch with friends etc. Something I should get used to.

Clearing up then sleep

Tame Impala / ''Cause I'm A Man' / 'Currents'

['Don't always think before I do' (Bloody lousy joke!)]



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020