Tales From The Crypt - Monday 5th July 2021

A working Monday!  Quite a strange experience getting up knowing I have a whole bunch of work ahead of me today, and for the next three days.

The weather's looking good and while the first carer is here I decide I'm going to change my bed and wash the bed linen today.  I get the first load on and then head out for my usual walk.

I'm on my course today (it's why I'm not having my normal non-working Monday) but it's starting later and I have some stuff to do first.  

Work will dominate the day, most likely resulting in me not having much to say.

Work includes one unusual element today: this week my company is putting on a week's work experience for a group of year 13 school students across the country. They're taking part in a project to come up with an innovative solution for a client and I'm helping out today and tomorrow.  Initially they are quite quiet on this afternoon's catch-up, but gradually they start talking and asking questions, which is good. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Late afternoon son #3 messages to say he's passed his first year uni exams and, when he shares his results, I can see he's done very well. Great news! He'll be back next year!

Whilst this is going on, son #2 is taking a proctored online exam for his work.  Late afternoon he stops by to say he's passed with flying colours and is now a certified GIAC Defensible Security Architect (GDSA).

Given the way uni and work have been this past year (son #2 still hasn't been into an office or met any of his colleagues, other than online), I'm really pleased for them both.

Son #3 returns home in the evening and joins me in making the dinner, which is already under way. Three of us watch a HIGNFY and a WILTY as son #2 is watching a film online with his gf.

The end comes in its usual way.

The Specials / 'The Life And Times (Of A Man Called Depression)' / 'Encore'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020