Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 30th April 2022

An unusual Saturday or at least a very different one compared to recent weekends.

Shopping, washing and grass-cutting! Unfortunately, the grass-cutting had two unwanted consequences; as is standard the lethal bushes cut my arm and blood was liberated, not only that, as an extra bank holiday bonus I damaged an outdoor copper pipe which is a central heating bleed valve. (The bleedin' bleed valve is bleeding out water. 'So much blood'! (Queue 'Friday Night Dinner' - if you don't know it, look it up)) Cue a plumber.

Not sure there's a silver lining to this, but I have read that we're being told not to cut the grass in May, so I am very happy to oblige. I like wild nature. I dislike gardening. Perfect.

I was planning to write a little piece on Microdisney and their songs and lyrics, but the fire has temporarily gone out.  Another day I guess.

Son #3 and I made lunch, though I ate alone and watched the end of the documentary on Navalny, before returning to chores.

There was more shizz to get done in the afternoon, which ultimately led to the final carer call of the day and making dinner with son #3 via a brief bit of paper reading.

Son #3 and his gf ate dinner with me while we watched another 'Doctor Who'. When they left I watched the 6 Music festival highlights show which featured great performances from Khruangbin, Johnny Marr, Little Simz, Self Esteem and Ibibio Sound Machine. 

A duller Saturday, but not without its drama 😀

Time for bed said you-know-who!

Babes In Toyland / 'He's My Thing' / 'Painkillers'


[[Riot Grrrl!]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020