Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 1st May 2022

I plan to chill today; read the papers, listen to music, play a few word games, and maybe read the book club novel if there's time.

There have been some chores amongst the chilling, too boring to mention any further.

This is probably an ideal moment to stop and reflect on life and how it currently is.  There's been no obvious change in E's condition, though I am aware that the nature of MS means that things will be slowly worsening. When you are with someone all the time small changes are imperceptible. I'm sure if the MS Nurse visited (she's not been here for about 3 years now, owing to you-know-what) she'd spot differences. The stress associated with this remains high and perhaps because work is much busier than it has been for a while, the stress level is even higher.  

Luckily for me, there have been positive changes in my life, which means there is a possible future, whatever happens, whenever. Facing the future and one specific future event becomes potentially more tolerable. 'Potentially', because who knows how it'll go for any of us.  More than this I cannot currently say.

The fallout will be much wider than me alone. I try to keep in touch with my son's feelings, but they rarely share much in detail.  I am always careful about the impact of my actions on their feelings and their lives, though there's also a level of reality that can't be avoided.  Difficult things are best dealt with head-on.

Over lunch, I continued watching the multi-part documentary about Ernest Hemingway. This has covered the Spanish Civil War, Stalin, Martha Gellhorn and WWII, not forgetting Cuba.  It's fascinating and I've learnt a lot about him and the history of the period.  Martha Gellhorn was quite someone!

I've managed to read this week's papers and the backlog from previous 'normal' weekends. Not bad considering I took son #3 on an unexpected journey back to his uni flat to move some of his stuff home between lunch and starting to read the papers.

I've also been listening to some new music via the radio and freebie magazine cover-mount CDs.  There's always more!

Generally, music leads to more music, and so it was that I found myself listening to the latest Melody's Echo Chamber album and started listening to Wet Leg's debut album.  Both albums have ignited something.

Making dinner tonight with son #3: sea bass with various veg.  He, his gf and I ate it while watching another 'Doctor Who'. After they left I continued watching 'Hemingway'.

To bed and the ending of the day in the usual (home game) way...

The Black Keys / 'It Ain't Over' / 'Dropout Boogie'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020