Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 19th May 2022

Walked for the third consecutive day, so I'm feeling pleased. I just need to make this a habit again and exceed both daily and weekly targets.  We shall see.

What news from yonder city?

At last some good news about my wife's feed:  a good friend at the local pharmacy has confirmed that E's feed request has gone back to spine (if you know, you'll know) which means the feed supplier should be able to fulfil the feed order.  Given the trouble surrounding this order, I decided to phone the supplier just to double-check.  Good news! They are guaranteeing the feed will be delivered tomorrow. Praise be!

Work obstacles still continue and it's slowly driving me mad, but hey ho.

During the day I was seduced by the Folio Society.  They have persuaded me to order a wonderful copy of 'Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas', one of my favourite books. Best not to look.

In the evening I'm returning to the Idler and tonight's guest is Emma Smith talking about the history of the book (see here). Another fascinating discussion followed by a great chat with the Idler rogues afterwards.  There was a long discussion about bereavement which was fascinating as well as preparatory. Something we'll no doubt be revisiting.

During the Zoom chat, a kind friend delivered my meds from the pharmacy - her second visit this week - having dropped off son #1's meds earlier.  I appreciate this so much, especially as my life is so busy and split between places. Not to mention all the feed shenanigans.  Have I mentioned that at all?

Normally, during the Idler session, one of my sons gets the dinner made. Tonight it was a bit late, though this is fine. By chance, it meant I discovered a TV programme on BBC2 called 'Art That Made Us'. It looks so interesting that I'm watching it from the start.

Time for bed, said Zebedee!

Warpaint / 'Stevie' / 'Radiate Like This'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020