Tales From The Crypt - Friday 12th August 2022

Started the day with a quick trip to the shops and a car refuelling. Inevitably the fuel price will drop now I've filled my car up (it's very unpleasant inside now!)  Initially, I tried to get fuel at the automated ASDA because it was cheaper, however, the person who used the pump before more (I didn't see them) had left without paying, inadvertently (I assume, with my charitable hat on). Just as long as I don't get a knock on the door from the men in blue, though clearly, the video would show my bewilderment and lack of filling,  plus I filled up at the station opposite. For more money. (Cue Muttley sound-effects)

Got back in time to make breakfast before the first of several early morning work calls.  I think it may be hot today. Very. I think I will be hot too. (No change there then 😁)

Late in the afternoon, Q arrived, driven here by her daughter, ahead of Q's flight to Australia tomorrow. I was going to say the land down under, but for some inexplicable reason that sounded well dodge, as we cool cats say. Not 'alf! (Alan Freeman reference for those who know)

Did a bit of a shortened house tour and Q's daughter got to see where E normally lives and my office a.k.a. the inner sanctum.  I wonder what she made of the former? I guess it's pretty odd.

Later, Q, the boys, and I had dinner, before retiring for an early start tomorrow. Assuming we don't drown in the heat.

John Martyn / 'May You Never' / 'Solid Air'


[[This is such a well-known and well-worn song that I'd never choose it under normal circumstances, however tonight it seems appropriate.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020