Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 3rd August 2022

Yet another early start (this is becoming a habit!), though today it's because Q needs to head home for a work meeting and to see her daughter. The last few days have been really wonderful, but all good things must come to an end. There is much going on in both our lives, so change, uncertainty and short-term planning will remain the order of the day.

I have an appointment at the hospital this morning to discuss E's care plan, and I am going to go by bus, for a change, mostly to save money but also to give myself time to think, especially on the return journey.

What is the news on E? Her decline seems to have halted and by some miracle she seems to have beaten pneumonia, despite the lack of medication.  The consultant still believes E is at end of life, but it's a slow process. Too slow for the hospital, I guess. The long and short of it is they have to start the discharge process, though to where is the big question.  This is something we have to discuss as a family.  Another fun discussion for tonight. Ultimately the responsibility for the decision will be mine, but I want the boys' opinion and to see if they have a viewpoint that I've not considered. I want to take their wishes into account. The consultant is not in a hurry to discharge E but I think, from a hospital administration purpose, they have to be seen to be doing something. There is no set departure date, and if E's condition deteriorates again they will cancel the discharge process and restart end-of-life care. Did I say I'm not keen on rollercoasters?

Over dinner, I discussed everything the consultant said and the options that there may be with sons 1 and 2.  Son #3 is in London for the day with his gf celebrating his birthday (+1) and is not due back until late and this conversation cannot wait as it's burning a hole in my brain. I'll speak to son #3 tomorrow. Lots of questions and perspectives. 

Time for sleep, in the usual way.

Lambchop / 'Up With People' / 'Nixon'


[['Nixon' is such a great album and this was a timely reminder]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020