Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 18th August 2022

The first full day of E being at home, with five carer visits beginning with K just before 7 a.m.  After the cleaner arrived I went for a 30-minute brisk walk before getting stuck in to work. 

Work is very busy, but it has to fit around the carer visits, just in case they have questions or anything arises. The conflict between these two priorities does cause additional stress.  Oh dear, never mind.

On a different subject (not shrubbery), this week's poem is 'Ozymandias' (if I recall correctly also the name of the main character Tarot's owl in the kid's TV series 'Ace of Wands' way back when (I should choose the theme song one of these days) (Wasn't children's TV way more psychedelic, freaky and weird back in the 1970s? Super cool!)) by Percy Bysshe Shelley. This is such a well-known poem that I'm wondering if I need to change the poetry collection I'm reading.  Not that I have anything against it, as it does have some great lines, but ultimately its subject matter and intent don't really float the boat in which I reside. I will persevere, Sir Bedevere.


Apart from the work stuff, there have been some necessary calls to the GP surgery and dietitian consequent on what's written in the hospital discharge. I'm also expecting a call from the Sue Ryder Hospice, or at least their palliative care in the community team, at some point, though I know they are very busy so that may take a while.  Ironically, E looks really well at the moment. 

Queue for calls or calls to queue? Cue queue! Absolutely!

In amongst all this ordered chaos, I have also sorted out the finances on my current car from now until the new one arrives. Maybe. Who knows anything in this most uncertain of times.

Dinner, 'Outlaws', attempted sleep via reading and music.

CIEL / 'Baby Don't You Know' / (Single)


[[Fun!]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020