Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 16th August 2022

Yep, you know what today means.  Back to work.  Usual caveats apply 😁

Walked before breakfast and chatted to Q while I was out.

Breakfast then down to work, with my first meeting due at 9.

Looks like it might rain today, finally. It's certainly a lot cooler! Sure enough, a little after 11, the heavens opened.

Around lunchtime, I had three calls from the hospital in quick succession, all to discuss the medication E would be on after discharge tomorrow.  More changes!

Mid-to-late-afternoon Q and I had a final call for the day, it being after 11 p.m. her end and therefore time for sleep.

After work this evening I'm due to go out for a curry with a school friend I've not seen since the pandemic began way back when.

Turns out we've not seen each other IRL for three years!  Lots to catch up on and we had a great evening of laughter and talk.  The restaurant no longer serves alcohol, so it was the first time I've ever had a curry without beer, wine or cider. No problemo!

To sleep, for tomorrow is another working day and also the day E will come home from the hospital.

Amerie / 'Gotta Work' / 'Because I Love It'


[[Seemed too appropriate not to choose it, for multiple reasons, including the mundane fact that I'm back at work today.  I also like it. I like the energy of it.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020