Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 24th August 2022

Slept like a baby. Unfortunately, an unhappy one that woke often and couldn't get back to sleep. Guess it could have been a lot worse, though that would be taking the analogy too far!  Hence today I feel very tired.  I have a lot of work to do so tiredness will have to remain in the background.

An early morning call with Q before I shower finds her in Sydney and driving to Newcastle. Despite the time difference we have managed to keep in touch pretty well, so far.

Walked for 20 minutes before changing, making breakfast and starting work.  It looked (and briefly felt) like rain as I headed for my walk, but no rain came, which seems to be the way things are going to be today.

Work becomes the focus for the rest of the day, until the early evening.

I need to find some time to think about some major future items, some of which I can't bring myself to write yet, including a book and CD clear-out. The latter needs a lot of thought, covering things like which do I keep, selling some, ensuring they're all ripped to FLAC, what about future releases etc. etc.

I'm slightly concerned: I found myself doing another of the DIY jobs that have been deferred. I've checked my temperature, but I don't have a fever, so I guess things are.  It was only a minor job, putting up a couple of LED security lights.

As I started getting the rubbish sorted (it being bin night) a friend very kindly dropped off some meds for E and me. We really appreciate it. E's additional medication is for her 'palliative care' kit, though I don't know what this one does. Maybe I'll find out when I meet/talk to the PC nurses.

Started making dinner before son #2 intervened and took over.   Three of us watched the penultimate episode of the first series of 'Outlaws', which had me laughing out loud, despite it being my second viewing.

Dungen / 'Franks Kaktus' / 'Allas Sak'


[[ A Dungen instrumental, for a change. This is one of my favourite tracks from the album, mainly because of Reine Fiske's guitar, and the solo that begins around 3 min 13 sec is like something wild that's being restrained. I love the tone he chooses, it's pretty much his own signature. Plus flute-like instruments, what's not to like?

On top of that, and after a long gap, a new Dungen album is due before the end of the year, looking forward to hearing it.

N.B. The video is a bit odd.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020