Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 9th August 2022

Last day of sick leave before I return to work.  A lot to organise and tidy before I return tomorrow, so that's going to be the main focus of the day.

Did a bunch of tidying before heading to the shops and on arrival I decided to see if the barber shop was quiet. It was and this sat down for a haircut and a quick beard shaping.  The woman who cut my hair got more than she bargained for when she asked me how my day was.  I did joke about it, naturally, and said afterwards "you probably wish you hadn't asked!" I know the woman who owns/runs the barbers and she does know all about E's situation.

In the afternoon the social worker called, and as expected based on how E was over the weekend, she told me that the discharge process has now been started.   At the moment there are no available nursing home places at home in the council area, at least none of which meet the council's financial criteria.  I've learned two things: some homes cost up to £2000 per week and some homes will not accept anyone who is less than 65. Apparently, it can take - worst case - up to 2 months to find a place and so, in the meantime E will remain in hospital, hopefully on the same ward. 

On top of all that I'll have to complete another funding assessment (I hate doing those!!) since care in a home is funded differently from care at home. On the plus side since E doesn't live alone then our house would not be taken into consideration, however, E's occupational pension (which she can't yet claim, AFAIK) could be taken into consideration.  It may still be that we cannot afford to do anything but accept her back home.

Son #1, his gf and I visited E in the evening and I told her what the current plans are and also indicated there is no definite timeline yet.  She seems about the same, but equally, we know her condition could change very quickly.

I think I am ready to return to work tomorrow, though I do feel concerned and a little stressed about all that's going on, however, I need to go back and hopefully working will give me respite from the situation at least for a large chunk of the day.

Hey, ho! Let's go!

Vanishing Twin / 'Light Vessel' / 'Ookii Gekkou'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020