Tales From The Crypt - Tuesday 30th August 2022

After the highs of yesterday, down to earth with a bump: back to work.

(There's always more!)

Got up early and went for a walk after the first carer visit.

After my walk I had a call with Q who's in a shopping mall in Perth, then time to make breakfast. The usual things. 

Time to start work, as I've got a lot to do today and it begins with my usual 9 a.m. project huddle. Huddle, buddle, toil and truddle. Something like that.

It appears I've been confusing some of my friends with my whereabouts (cue jokey exchange from 'Carry On Screaming'). Time. Space. Relativity. That kind of thing. Well, I can categorically tell you that I am here right now. Or at least I was when I wrote this.  “A very short space of time through very short times of space”

The community matron called to just to say that as I'd seen the palliative care nurse last week, he'd not be popping in until next week unless I have to call him for any reason.

Mid-afternoon I had another call with Q before she went to sleep, and then I returned to work.

It's been an ordinary day, pretty much.  A couple of other things of note: the new (!) Neu! box set arrived from Germany, unexpectedly early (I've been looking forward to it for some time); and, son #3 met his gf at Stansted and arrived back here around 10.

Son #1, his gf and I ate dinner together and we finished the Tangerine Dream documentary and then I let them have control of the TV. The TD documentary was interesting overall, even though for me the stuff they made later, after the advent of the digital synth or perhaps it was after Peter Baumann left the band, is not all that interesting, musically.

To bed, finished the papers (yay!), and listened to BBC 6 Music as I drift off to sleep.

Daniel Avery / 'Higher' (feat. Sherelle) / 'Ultra Truth' (Forthcoming)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020