Tales From The Crypt - All Hallows Eve (Monday 31st October 2022)

Back to normal, though the change of the clocks seems to have disrupted my sleep.  Far too much time spent awake.  I'll have another go tonight.

I'm planning a fairly easy day of reading, writing but no arithmetic.  I have some washing to do, thanks to son #2 changing his bed and a backlog of towels, but otherwise I hope to finish the papers and maybe read more of 'Dracula'. Thinking about it, I do have a lot of music to listen to, so I'll probably do a bit of that too.

A very quiet day indeed.  In the end, thanks to Halloween, I didn't listen to music.  How are they related? Simple.  I had created a bit of a themed lightshow at the front door and was ready with a spider's web full of sweets and decided that the immersive (and loud, as my sons often remind me) way I tend to listen to music didn't work with regular interruptions. Hence my focus was sweets for the ghouls and boils.

In the event, despite periods of torrential rain, we still had quite a few visits, on one occasion from a bunch of 5 or 6 witches, zombies and other creatures from the underworld. There are still sweets left, though. I suspect I know who will eat those.

We'd made a 'Easy Paella' in the slow cooker and so dinner was a cinch. Son #2 made some garlic butter and slathered it over a few toasted flatbreads to complete the meal. Of all the nights to have gone overboard on the garlic, this was a good one. No one will think that tomorrow though, assuming we survive the night 😀

I got a mini-music fix by catching up on a few recent episodes of 'Later...with Jools Holland' with highlights being Loyle Carner, Wet Leg, Poppy Ajudha, Kojey Radical, Confidence Man, Charlotte Adigéry (with Bolis Pupul), Sinead O'Brien (another new discovery) and probably a couple I've forgotten.

As always, Zebedee says what he always does when the time comes. Appropriately I'm reading 'Dracula' before sleep, something to get my teeth into, something with a little bite.

Suede / 'Wastelands' / 'The Blue Hour'


[[This song still evokes powerful images and the album as a whole is nigh on perfect, especially lyrically.  I rather like the video which was filmed in Dungeness and 'on' the Isle of Grain, both of which are amongst the eeriest landscapes of the United Kingdom. Quatermass!]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020