Tales From The Crypt - Samhain (Tuesday 1st November 2022)

Work. I'm sure Tuesdays come around more frequently than Mondays? I'm planning to start early as I have a lot to do, and every day immersed in work gets me closer to the weekend, so let's plunge in at the deep end.

Well, that wasn't such a good plan after all. My access is revoked. Again. For the sake of everything I hold sacred!!! (Slight exaggeration)

You may be wondering why this post is headed Samhain when yesterday was Halloween. Well, it's quite simple, they are not exactly the same thing. Samhain does begin on All Hallows' Eve, but extends until the evening of the 1st November, hence the title.  Some even celebrate Samhain over three days, but I'm not getting into that here. So, mlaaahhh!

Work has dominated, with all the usual comings and goings of this house, excepting that today a nurse came to give E the flu jab.  I'm keeping an eye on her to make sure there are no unusual immune responses. I've been assured it will be fine, despite what's going on. It always has been in the past.

A slow cooker pork loin recipe for dinner tonight, all it needs is potato and veg which I prepare and cook.  

Another night of dinner with Jools Holland. More new bands and singers. Holy moly!

Q-chat, 'Dracula', a poem, and BBC 6 music.  (This week's poem should have been one about cricket.  I read it last night, but decided it was too much to bear and have selected the next one for the rest of the week)

Sleep to follow...

Goldfrapp / 'Lovely Head' / 'Felt Mountain'


[[A rather atmospheric track from their debut album, my choice inspired by Stuart Maconie's Hauntology Freak Zone special.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020