Tales From The Crypt - Bonfire Night (Saturday 5th November)

Remember, remember, the 5th November...

Got up early to finish packing and head for Liverpool. My back started playing up again a few days ago so as a precaution I've got a heat pad on my lower back to make the drive easier.

I arrive in Liverpool just before midday, after only one stop en route to stretch my legs (and back), grab a coffee and answer the call of nature (whatever that means!)

My back is stiff when I arrive but feeling pretty good, all in all.  These heat pads seem effective, so I'll use them again, at least until it gets better.

After a nice lunch, it's time to do the most sensible thing for someone with a bad back.  Helping Q shift stuff and pack it before it goes into storage on Monday.  Before you suggest that I am deranged, I was cautious to only move light things and empty things.  At the first sign of any increase in pain, I took a break. 

[Late Update] I almost forgot we took a trip...to the tip, and came home by way of dropping off some items Q sold just before they were tipped.

We've done enough for today, though Q has done all the heavy lifting and so it's time to make dinner.  Homemade curry is what's planned.

Fireworks start around 5 pm and they carried on, without a break, until around 11 or later.  Given what the fireworks commemorate, this is probably the best place (outside of a small part of Westminster) to be going for it, full on.  Unfortunately, Bagheera (Q's cat) is less impressed, in fact, more like frightened by all the noise.

Dinner's over and we're both knackered, so we're having an early night. Usual reading and music before sleep.

Todd Rundgren / 'Born To Synthesize' / 'Initiation'



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020