Tales From The Crypt - Friday 11th November 2022

I'm off home today, so after breakfast and saying goodbye to Q, who's off to work, I start to pack.

I have a chat with Q's mum and then return to packing. I'm planning to leave at around 10 and travel home via a nearby petrol station.

Got back around 2 pm after a pit stop at Warwick.  Didn't manage to find the petrol station, but did travel home  different way which didn't involve the M62. Instead I travelled across the Mersey river crossing, which provides a completely different view of Liverpool, a much more industrial view.

Late afternoon I discovered that Nik Turner has died today. Sad news. The Spirit of Hawkwind, indeed.


I think 'Brainstorm' is in order, at high volume.

We had a quiet evening, I ate my dinner whilst watching the excellent documentary 'Kids' TV: The Surprising Story' which is on BBC iPlayer (or see here) which was by turns fascinating, enlightening and moving. It is a social history of the UK through the lens of Children's TV. Watch it, it's brilliant (cue 'The Fast Show')!

Then I went to bed, had a call with Q, read some of the Idler magazine and listened to some music (and fireworks!) before entering the land of nod.

John Cale / 'STORY OF BLOOD' (ft. Weyes Blood) / 'Mercy' (forthcoming)


[[I love this. It bodes well for the album which is due out in January.  John Cale has still got it in his eighties. How is that possible? Extraordinary]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020