Tales From The Crypt - Remembrance Sunday (13th November 2022)

I'm still suffering with lower back pain, though just to be awkward it's now on the left hand side rather than the right.  The answer is movement and (prescription/over the counter) drugs.

I'm planning to  get in touch with friends and family for chats, doing the usual boring chores, hopefully going for a brief walk and reading at least some of the papers.

Just before midday I managed to have a chat with my big sister (she will forever be thus-named), which was good.  It's strange that as family shrinks, you get closer to those that remain.  Over the past decade or so, I've been closer to both my sisters than ever before. We grew up almost as distant planets from one another and from our parents, to some extent, though we do have shared memories, good and bad.

The sun appears to be coming out and so is my washing.

After lunch I called a close family friend who is godmother to son #2 and we had a long chat about life and agreed to meet up soon. It's been a while and I'm looking forward to it.

The sun is setting and illuminating the leaves in the trees in gold. Beautiful.  I'm going out for a brief walk to see if it'll do my back any good. It'll certainly do the rest of me some good.

That was good, I think I needed the fresh air and the exercise!

Chores, papers, then time to do the dinner.

Watched 'The Love Box in Your Living Room' with Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse and others, which was funny in places, though probably not worth going out of your way to watch it. I laughed out loud several times, so it did have its moments.

You know what happens next, so I'm going to type it.

Caroline Polachek / 'Sunset' /  (Single)


[[I was torn between two songs today: a dark song or it's polar opposite, this one.  I love this and I'm following Caroline's career closely, 'cos I figure she's got a killer album in her.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020