Love, Poetry and Revolution - Bank Holiday (Monday 2nd January 2023)

It's only the second day of January and I'm already preparing excuses. What excuses? Well, today I'm travelling north for Q's birthday and my father-in-law's funeral, so I won't get the chance to write much or even have much to say. Motorway car journeys are hardly the stuff of dreams or even literature. (There's a challenge, can anyone find an interesting novel which centres around a motorway journey?)

I'm off shortly...I may write some more later.

Well, that was a pretty good journey. It would have been plain sailing had there not been an accident on the opposite carriageway, and apparently, we all had to slow down to look.  Why?? Although the motorways were relatively quiet, the services were overrun with football fans heading north. I assume they had arrived by coach, given the number.

We had a relaxing afternoon, followed by a wonderful meal of roast lamb.  After Q's daughter made an impromptu TikTok-inspired dessert, we watched some TV together, before heading up.

THUS LOVE / 'Repetitioner' / 'Memorial'


[[An interesting new (to me) band with a debut album worth investigating. A hint of goth, perhaps? Nothing wrong with that.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020