Love, Poetry and Revolution - Wednesday 25th January 2023

Our cleaner swapped days this week and came today instead of tomorrow.  Consequently, I'm up early, which was just as well as the first carer of the day arrived first, before 7 and before our cleaner.

Work will dominate the day, so the usual rules apply.

The post delivered a pleasant surprise in the form of the latest issue of the occasional journal 'Strange Attractor', which describes itself as 'presenting more high weirdness from the margins of culture.'  What's not to like?

Over lunch a friend in Berlin and I have a catch-up, the first of 2023.  We both decide we're not speaking frequently enough and have agreed to try and speak more often, but for less time (yeah, right!)

Lunch made for son #2 and I, time to eat it quickly before a decorator arrives to estimate for a quote to paint the ensuite, the last step in its renewal. Not a big job, you might point out, but life's so busy I don't get the time, and frankly it's like watching paint dry.

The radiator in my office never gets warm, so nor do the badgers. Frozen badgers? Tragic. I have been investigating on the web and have eliminated everything except balancing the radiators (no, I'm not taking up juggling...yet).  I have now learnt how to do it, in theory and this weekend I intend to try it. The first step is working out the sequence of radiators on the circuit. I'm pretty sure I know the first and the last (my office), so hopefully it won't take long. Living with unbalanced radiators is a nightmare.

E's medication needs are not yet fully met, but friendly local pharmacist to the rescue, we have one bottle of the most urgent stuff and more on the way.  Such good news and we are both extremely grateful.

Q is out for a work function tonight at which the guest of honour is local lad, actor David Morrissey (of 'Sherwood', 'The Walking Dead', and many others.) Mid-evening I get a message from Q to say she's been seated at the top table with the man.  He is due to be given an honorary award at tomorrow's graduation ceremony as well as giving a talk to students on the creative campus in the afternoon.  He sounds like a good man.

Son #1 and I watched the final, slightly chilling, episode of 'Strike' before bedtime.

Spoke to Q much later than normal and read a lot more of 'Reservoir 13'. 

Caroline Polachek / 'Welcome To My Island' / (EP)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020