Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 29th January 2023

A very slow start to the day, even slower than a typical Sunday.  Sometimes it's just good to wake up slowly.

Usual chores, only more so, because of yesterday's walk.  Despite the backlog, I intend to finish the papers and also 'Reservoir 13'. 

One interesting prospect is testing/trying out my new espresso coffee maker.  I had to buy it because of the wonderful Costa Rican coffee I've been given. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Over lunch I finished the second episode of 'Happy Valley' (series 1). I am coming to the conclusion that it's very poorly named, even perhaps a violation of the Trades Description Act (1968).  Happiness has definitely been in very short supply, and, given where the story is heading (or seems to be), I don't think there's much prospect of any happiness in the near future.

Time for a trial of the new espresso machine. I'm going to read the papers accompanied by coffee and Snickers (the chocolate bar, not Muttley from 'Dastardly and Muttley' sound effects).  A good cup of coffee. Things can only get better.

Son #1 brought his gf home from last night's outing, so we're having a dinner re-think.  Son #2 has already planned a takeaway with his gf in CR, and so, in the end, it was agreed they'd have a takeaway (it'll be late) and I'll knock something up for myself.

We were going to watch a film ('The Lost Boys', son #1's choice) but, in the end I ate my dinner whilst watching the third episode of 'Happy Valley' (still none), as they took a while choosing their takeaway. Once the food was ordered we watched the latest episode of 'Everyone Else Burns' together. Takeaway delivered son 1, his gf and son 2 started watching 'The Beach' (a great film) and I joined them for a bit, after I'd had a chat with Q who was driving to the airport to pick up her daughter. 

I watched a bit more of 'The Beach' with the crew, then headed for bed to read 'Faith, Hope and Carnage'.  Q and her daughter are home and it's time for me to seek sleep.

Daughter / 'Be On Your Way' / 'Stereo Mind Game'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020