Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 23rd January 2023

Tuesday is my new Monday, which means the start of my working week.

There are still a lot of things to fit in today that I didn't manage to organise fully yesterday.

This week's poem is by John Keats, and it's an extract from 'Endymion' containing a few well-known lines.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing
A flowery band to bind us to the earth,
Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth
Of noble natures, of the gloomy days,
Of all the unhealthy and o`er-darkened ways
Made for our searching: yes, in spite of all,
Some shape of beauty moves away the pall
From our dark spirits.

The opening and ending lines are especially powerful.  I have a book of poems from both Keats and Shelley, which I always think of as 'Sheets and Kelly'.  I wonder what sort of poems Sheets and Kelly would have written? You probably don't give a sheet.

Son #1 left early to go and do some 'work' for a games company.  I am so proud of him, getting up early and getting out of the house.  He's really turned things around.  Well done number 1.

I think I mentioned the fun we're having with E's meds at the moment, and in the evening a good friend delivered most of the meds E needs. One of the meds, the one she's completely out of, is noted as out of stock until July.  I can't help but think a combination of Brexit and supply chain issues lies at the heart of this. It's a medication we never had trouble getting hold of before Brexit, and is not the only one affected. Most important of all is a thank you for the kind friend who is sorting things out as best she can. We appreciate your help a lot.

Son #2 and I made dinner (We're (I am) creating a rota for things like that, so that chores can be distributed fairly and also done when I'm not around) before son #1 and I watched the penultimate episode of 'Strike'.

After that, the sequence of events was fairly typical.

Johnny Boy / 'You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020