Tales From The Crypt - New Year's Eve (Saturday 31st December 2022)

Could this be the last post under this banner?  As the day starts, I don't have a new title, so at this rate, probably not. I've still not found the cap. Whatever the outcome, it is the last day of the year.

Reflecting on 2022, I think I can safely say it's been a mixed year.  There have been a lot of positives for me, and I will be entering into 2023 with a great deal more optimism and positivity as far as the personal sphere is concerned than almost any previous year in a long while. Politics is still a source of much negativity and despair, it seems like the average voter seems resigned to accepting things getting worse and worse, rather than acting to change things.  Quite a few members of the current administration (they are not deserving of the word 'government') ought to be behind bars, though no doubt they'll manage to brush all the lies, corruption, and anti-democratic actions under the carpet. The personal sphere has included several sad losses and is still likely to be overtaken by a dark event, we just don't know when, which makes it worse in many ways. I could go on (I usually do) but that'll do for now.

Looking forward, next year I'm hoping to visit friends in France, Germany and Australia, all with Q, amongst other places. I may well spend a fair bit of time in the 'pool, too. 

Bringing the focus back to the here and now, I have chores to do, which include food shopping, but NO washing (I'm leaving that until tomorrow!). I've also been invited to a NYE party at the house of E's Thai carers and I'm looking forward to that.

Have I come up with a new name yet? Nope.  Give me a chance! Tomorrow will tell.

Well, my carriage awaits, so the next time I write it will be 2023. Wishing anyone who reads this a Happy New Year!

The Fall / 'Hit The North' / 'The Frenz Experiment' (Amongst others!)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020