Love, Poetry and Revolution - New Year's Day (1st January 2023)

Today began at around 1 a.m. when I returned home from a wonderful New Year's Eve party at the house of one of our carers.  I made some new friends, both Thai and Nepalese, had some wonderful food (including the spiciest and hottest food I've ever eaten, so much so that it made me cough and tears streamed down my face), danced, and saw the New Year in. What a wonderful group of people to see the New Year in with. Much love.

Once I got in, I had my first chat of 2023 with Q, then got ready of bed after drinking a fair bit of water.

The day begins again, this time after sleep.  

You may have noticed that the blog title has changed. I like this title as it captures some broad themes that motivate me. I knew I wanted something positive and future-looking and I also knew it had to reference love in some way.  I considered and rejected quite a few ideas, and one of the runners up was 'Voyages Down Under', though I decided this was open to misinterpretation. Whether or not the new title lasts the course is unclear to me at this point, but it does have a certain resonance and I'm growing into it already. I did find the cap.

Unusually, I start the year without so much as the hint of a hangover. Although I drank a fair bit last night, I stuck to beer and refused all manner of spirits and wine.  This was a good decision. Whilst I still enjoy wine a lot, and this may sound heretical, I'm finding I enjoy it best in moderation, though I definitely still do enjoy it. 😉

I'm not exactly sure the day was used up, though I know I started packing and did do some washing, however it went the time was frittered away until the evening arrived.

Son #1 suggested we watched 'Glass Onion' (the follow-up to 'Knives Out') and I agreed, provided we made dinner early enough.  This idea was agreed on all fronts and so it came to pass.

'Glass Onion'? Well, I don't think it was as good as the first one, but it was fun. Silly in places, but fun. I guess the original was tongue in cheek too. I won't say any more than that, in case it spoils anyone else's enjoyment. I have to come to the conclusion that I don't like Daniel Craig doing a southern US accent. I'm not sure if the accent itself grates, or more likely that it takes me until half-way into the film to suspend my disbelief that he's not actually English and about drop the accent and say, "the name's Bond, James Bond." Perhaps disappointingly, he doesn't.  Trivia: it features Janelle Monáe in a major role along with a couple of other strange guest appearances, including Huge Grant and Serena Williams. Mystery: What is the point of Derol?

Next stop the queue before bed and sleep. 

Bondax / 'Yabaal to London' feat. Dur-Dur Band / (Single)


[[I thought I'd already shared this as I heard it several weeks ago, but apparently not.

As the year began with dancing, this is a very appropriate tune, being very danceable.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020