Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 15th January 2023

Sunday's for lie-ins, or at least this one is! The usual mix of chores and chilling awaits me, but I'm taking my time.

Sunday morning evaporated in a mix of breakfast (almond croissant, mmmmh), washing and organising for tomorrow.

I watched a programme I'd recorded about Spike Milligan whilst eating my lunch with a view to reading the papers afterwards.

Before starting the papers I decided it was time to try out a solution (a gel, in fact) to remove the discolouration caused by mould.  It was one of those crazy purchases from somebody must have ideas they want to flog to solve problems you didn't know you had. I've had for six to twelve months, I just can't remember.  You have to apply it, retire to a safe distance (untrue) and leave it for two to three hours. Which is exactly what I did.

Back to the papers while the gel works its magic. I've finished the papers, so I move onto the novel 'The Silent Patient'.  The end is in sight!

Shiver my timbers! I've finished it. The first novel I've finished in about a year. Not only that I wrote a review on goodreads straight off the top of my head without pausing for thought.  It's not the sort of novel I'd normally read, but it was a Book Club choice, and reading books you'd not normally pick is one of the many joys of the club.  

Next up, I'm part way through 'Reservoir 13', so I plan to finish that. I think I have two novels I'm part way through, so I intend to finish those before starting afresh.

Buoyed up by my reading success I went upstairs to pack some clothes for tomorrow and check on the en-suite window frame. Amazing. The stuff actually works, where bleach, and other anti-mould sprays have not.  

Across the day, though not while I was reading (I can't read and listen to music at the same time), I listened to yesterday and today's Radcliffe and Maconie on the BBC Sounds app.  Consequently, when the evening arrived I'd lost the desire to sit and listen to music and instead randomly played songs from my Spotify playlist (now over 83 hours, must be slowing down).

I made dinner with son #2 and we watched something very undemanding before we parted company. 

I'm off to bed in the usual way!

Prince & The New Power Generation / 'Money Don't Matter 2 Night' / 'Diamonds and Pearls'


[[Arguably from the last great Prince album, but hey? who's arguing?

I love this song and am staggered it's not featured here before.  It really gets me.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020