Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 10th March 2023

Another cold morning marches on.  Not as cold, no snow. That's all gone.

I don't think I'll have much to write about until this evening, unless the day throws up unexpected surprises.

At lunch time the community matron arrived to change E's catheter, otherwise the day continued in it's usual way.

Tonight I'm making risotto, without a recipe, but based on guidance from Q. It will have smoked bacon lardons, peas, carrots and sweetcorn in it. What can go wrong?

Against expectation the risotto has turned out alright - yeah, I know it's simple, but I'm definitely a 'follow-the-instructions'-style cook, not one of those who can just wing it. That's a skill I admire. It's not the last risotto.

Son #1 and I ate and watched the second episode of 'The Mandalorian', then cleared up. He had some work to organise and so I watched a couple more episodes of this week's 'Come Dine With Me' starring one of my Idler friends. The next episode is the one where he cooks and entertains, which should be fun to watch.

I'm off to bed now as I'm driving to Liverpool tomorrow and need to start packing.

Mary J. Blige / 'Family Affair' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020