Love, Poetry and Revolution - Thursday 30th March 2023

'I hate you telephone thing, listening in.'

Today is going to be entirely about work, with the odd brief interlude for lunch and carer visits. 

Before I started work I read son #1's Marx essay, which seemed pretty good, at least to someone who knows more about Groucho than Karl. 

It's been a very showery day, but with significant sunny interludes which I've taken advantage of.

There's no Idler tonight or for the next few weeks as they are having a spring break, and are back before the end of April. This gave me the opportunity (?) to work a bit later and get a few admin tasks out of the way.

I started dinner alone again (naturally) and ended up eating alone too. I've now finished the first MAFSA of the week, after which son #1 joined me and we watched the first part of an interesting documentary fronted by David Harewood called, 'Get On Up: The Triumph Of Black America'. I hadn't intended to watch it live, but it was so interesting, I had too.  It was really cool seeing Malcolm Cecil and Robert Margouleff in their studio where they introduced Stevie Wonder to synthesizer technology and recorded 'Music Of My Mind' (and the next three Stevie Wonder albums).

Q and Φ are driving home still, and arrive back not long after the end of the programme and we squeeze in a chat at around ten-thirty.

A bit more 'Ulysses' (I must start 'Sirens') then sleep, or so the plan goes.

Róisín Murphy / 'CooCool' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020