Love, Poetry and Revolution - Friday 3rd March 2023

Friyay is here again, though before it gets fully yay, I've got to get through the working day.

Mid-morning Φ returned and then headed off to do some studying at the university library.  Around 4 Q and Φ returned and I continued working. I have so much to do and get a couple of training courses out of the way to wind down from the week slowly.

We're having a quiet evening, starting with lamb sausages, gravy, mashed potato, and veg for dinner before watching a couple of episodes of 'North Sea Connection' - only one to go.

This week's poem has been 'So We'll Go No More a Roving' by Lord Byron, and it goes like this...

So, we'll go no more a roving
   So late into the night,
Though the heart be still as loving,
   And the moon be still as bright.

For the sword outwears its sheath,
   And the soul wears out the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
   And love itself have rest.

Though the night was made for loving,
   And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a roving
   By the light of the moon.

The poem has some lines which resonate and it seems quite appropriate in some ways.

Sadly this is my last night in L'pool as I'll be returning home tomorrow. Until the next time.

Gina Birch / 'I Play My Bass Loud' / 'I Play My Bass Loud'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020