Love, Poetry and Revolution - Sunday 12th March 2023

A lazy start, with bacon and eggs for breakfast for a change.  I did eat an almond croissant on my drive north yesterday, so the universe remains in balance.

The sun is shining and the temperature has risen to double figures - a big change over the last couple of days.  March hares, eh?  Our plan is to go for a walk this afternoon.

We're off out shopping at Tesco next and I drive so I can refuel my car ahead of a long journey next week.  Diesel was 159.9p a litre, which was the best I've paid in quite a while. Now that IS an exciting fact, isn't it?

Back home for lunch, but first Q is making us a Basque cheesecake and demonstrating how easy it is and suggesting even (my word, not hers) I could make it.  There is a chance I could, based on the masterclass.  When will I be brave enough to try?

The bun is in the oven (not really, it's a cheesecake) and so lunch is next.  Over lunch Q's mum calls from Australia and then we settle down to watch more of 'The Gold'. What about that walk, lazy bones? Well, the weather has changed and it looks like it's going to persist down imminently, so we've chickened out.

'The Gold' is bloody good and very well-acted, the dread understory of freemasonry and corruption is all too redolent of that era. Not to mention that other bloody escapee from Grantham.

Chicken burritos for dinner (I live like a king when I'm in Liverpool - is it any wonder I was in the running for a role in 'The Whale'?), washing up, more of 'The Gold', with a cheesecake interlude.  We have one episode left to go, which we'll save for tomorrow night and get to bed instead. Some people have to work tomorrow.

Emiliana Torrini & The Colorist Orchestra  / 'Hilton' / 'Racing The Storm'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020