Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 28th March 2023

In contrast to yesterday, I've woken to a cold, wet and very dark day. It feels like winter has never left.

It's going to be a case of 'Heads Down, No Nonsense, Mindless Boogie' - prizes if you can get the reference!

For some inexplicable reason my diary is full between 12 and 2 so I'll have to adapt for lunch and meditation.  

After work I caught up with my big sis and we shared our news and thoughts on things. There was a fair bit of talk about about the big 'R'. Who knows? Life is way too unpredictable.

After the call, time to make dinner.  I'm having another go at risotto, this time with smoked bacon lardons, chicken and veg with the secret ingredient being a really intensely-flavoured chicken stock.  From now on, if I ever need to take stock, I'll use this stock, assuming it's in stock and the supermarket's stocking process is working, if not, I guess I'll just have to accept their answer that we have no stock in stock. It's out of stock. From a stochastic perspective that's always possible. Full stock. The end.

We all ate dinner together whilst watching the first episode of 'Blue Lights'. Different. Very gritty. Worth a peak.

Off to bed by way of Q (no Spike Milligan), 'Wandering Rocks' and, unusually a listen to 'Can't Be Long Now' on headphones. Coolio. Glazed and ass.

Inspiral Carpets / 'I Want You' (ft. Mark E. Smith) / (Single)


[[I can't seem to get this song out of my head.  I love it. Always have done.  It's just like putting your foot to the floor and speeding headlong into the abyss.  Ecstatic. 

Is that Brix Smith briefly in shot near the beginning and the end? The person I think is Brix is in a burgundy red velvet jacket. I think we should be told. 

The bass player has a cool trim, too.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020