Love, Poetry and Revolution - Tuesday 21st March 2023

A quiet day in prospect, both in the real world and here in this blog.

Work keeps me busy all day and there's nothing of interest to say about it. Screens. Brain. Bum on chair. Getting up and moving about. Eye drops. All that paraphernalia.

I had a chat with one of the carers, K, about MAFSAU, which she and her husband are also watching.  She's watched yesterday's with the experts (should that be in quotes?) and says there's much to enjoy. We exchange opinions on some of the couples. Similar thoughts. (I wonder how she persuaded them to fly in from Australia?)

I did get a couple of wash loads done, though I don't think that is probably worth mentioning. Damn.

I'm counting the hours until my ears are vacuumed.  Not quite sure if it's a special Dyson attachment or what.  Just as long as they don't suck my braincell out too. Although.

I was about to start dinner when I discovered we only had enough for two and there are three of us. Drat. Decided to get a takeaway delivered.  I've ordered fish and chips and son #1 and his gf have ordered scampi and a halloumi burglar.

I have a chat with big sis up north and catch up on each other's news. Unusually, she has more than I do.

Dinner arrives as I finish my call with her, which brings the conversation to a natural end.

Three of us eat dinner with David Attenborough. Nice of him to drop by. Luckily there are, as always, too many chips.

In between breaks, I have a chat with son #1's gf, to get her perspective on the sitch vis-à-vis #1.

David has left now, so we clear up and depart to our own wings of the mansion, me for a chat with Q.

Sleep awaits by way of more 'S & C' commentary and analysis.

Iggy Pop  / 'Fall In Love With Me' / 'Lust For Life'


[[Bowie. Berlin. Brilliant]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020