Tales From The Crypt - Monday 24th October 2022

Q is at work and I am home alone, well, not quite, I have a cat for company, though she is asleep upstairs.

I have the papers to read and also a trip to the campus for coffee planned for a little after 11.

The day didn't get off to a great start as I had a text from our GP indicating my blood test results are back and it seems my cholesterol level puts me into a risk category. High enough for them to recommend new medication. I think I'll arrange a call with our GP to discuss, in case there are any lifestyle changes I can make to avoid the need for medication. The message contains the phrase 'risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years' which is a cheery way to start the day. I shall be reading up on the medication later.

Time for a trip to one of the coffee shops on campus.  On my return, I ended up chatting with the next-door neighbour, briefly.  

I came back with a coconut flat white and an unexpected chocolate twist. I'm not sure who expected it least. Me, the twist or my cholesterol.  It matters not. I am going to enjoy both while I read the papers.

My reading was interrupted by a call from the Sue Ryder nurse, after a catch-up on how E  and the rest of us are doing. We still agree that the way forward is to keep E comfortable and minimise her pain.  After 10 minutes or so, the call ended until the next time.

The papers are finished and I'm expecting Q home for lunch soon. This is a taste of what life could be like in the future, and it is good.

Lunch is over and Q's heading back to work. That was good. The benefit of working across the road.

I've got a few bits and pieces to do after lunch but I'm also going to start a new Idler course, 'How To Cope With Grief', written and presented by Julia Samuel.

The course on coping with grief was so good that I finished it in one sitting.  I think I need to share it with my sons.  I have one problem now - which course to take next. I'm leaning towards either the one on Blake (in 40 images) or the one on Dante (in 100 images).  The problem of choice!

Q is back from work and we are both getting changed to head out for an Italian meal at a highly recommended local (10 minutes walk) restaurant.

We're back! Great food and wine.  I had a smoked salmon and fresh crab starter that was superb.  We have to go again just so we can try more things off the menu!  There's a seafood platter starter that requires two seafood lovers to share it.  I probably could eat it all, but that would be both greedy and unhealthy, so it'll have to wait until we return with another seafood (and eat it) fan.

To bed via poetry and conversation, as we both have work tomorrow.

Marxist Love Disco Ensemble / 'Material' / 'MLDE'


[[What a great band name!  The song is good as well, luckily, though to be honest I'd've probably just played it for name alone. (Only kidding! Probably)]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020