Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 6th October 2022

No brisk walking to start the day as my back is still causing problems. Instead, I have to make a quick shopping trip for things that tonight's dinner requires.

Back now, so I make a quick breakfast and eat it whilst I work.

Work is still incredibly busy and so this post will be shorter. (Wayne)

Work is over and it's time for this week's Idler call, with Olia Hercules a Ukrainian food writer.  Another one of those talks where I have no idea what to expect, but which often are the most interesting.

A fascinating discussion about growing up in Ukraine, the culture, the war and food, in particular about the dishes in her new book 'Home Food'.  Olia has family in Ukraine who have been involved in the fighting. It really makes the war personal when you hear about it from an individual's perspective.

The post-call chat was unusual as we were all sent to random breakout rooms for a few minutes, and I was assigned to a room with two fellow Idlers I already know.  Suddenly, after a few minutes of chat, we all came back together fairly abruptly, until Victoria accidentally pulled the plug (I think?)

As it seemed to all be over I went and had my dinner, only to find out later that the gang had set up another Zoom call, but I was too late to join.  Until next week!  

I ate my dinner of slow-cooked barbecue chicken whilst watching a very old episode of 'The Saint', starring Roger Moore, from 1963 and in black and white, natch! Brought back some memories and I enjoyed it.  Raised eyebrows!

We've been experiencing some weird issues with the local network and I've been investigating, which has uncovered some odd things. I need to do some work on it over the weekend. DHCP!!!!

Off to bed and a final catch-up with Q for the day, before I read more of 'Dracula' and 'Faith, Hope and Carnage'.

Julian Cope / 'Sunspots' / 'Fried'


[[I still love this, it's such a great song with a really happy vibe! (Love the trombone) Not to mention psychedelic...and yes, JC is wearing a tortoise or turtle shell on the cover. It was the thing in 1984, we were all wearing them.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020