Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 29th October 2022

This is not the Saturday you are looking for. 

I've got shopping to do, both for food, a card for E's birthday in a couple of weeks and a couple of DIY items. Naturally, I visited the bread stall in the market and had a chat. Apparently, last week they had almond and chocolate croissants (combined) and they were very nice. I said I'd like to try one, so they're ordering more for next week, though I did say I might not be there. They said  that's fine, we'll eat them, as they did the last batch!

Got all my chores underway before a good friend dropped in to see E and have a chat. I haven't seen her for a long, not since before covid, and see we ended up chatting for a couple of hours or so.  It was good to catch up and she was looking well. I think E enjoyed seeing her, as much as anyone can tell.

Another highlight of the day was the arrival of a copy of Jarvis Cocker's book 'Good Pop, Bad Pop', signed for me by the man himself at the Idler Festival in the summer.  As I couldn't make the festival thanks to covid, a kind Idler friend bought me a copy and had it signed for me by Jarvis.


Son #3 popped by in the afternoon to see his mum and catch up briefly with his bros and me.

At points across the afternoon I found time to read some of the papers, but not enough time to finish them.

Sons 1, 2 and son #1's gf are getting ready for a Halloween fancy dress party, though only son #1's gf is going with the Halloween look by being dressed as a vampire.

I, on the other hand, am staying in and watching a bit of TV and reading, or at least that's the plan.

Over dinner son #1 his gf and I watch the first half of Louis Theroux's interview with Stormzy, which was great.  I think I like him even more than I already did.

Yep, what was planned came to pass, and lo! Though I walk through the valley of walls I pass amongst them and fear naught, for I am on my way to bed and a chat with Q, and thus I fear no evil. 

Todd Rundgren / 'The Spark Of Life' / 'Todd'


[[This tune is the closest musical representation of the inner workings of my brain, barring the tempo, that I can imagine.  I have loved this ever since I first heard it and it has an instant effect on me, to this day. I could probably play it on repeat, though it's even better played with the previous track which segues seamlessly into this one.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020