Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 9th October 2022

Still stiff in all the wrong places (kitchen, bathroom, office, not forgetting my back, of course.) I've just got to keep moving, I guess.

First off today I'm stripping my bed as the weather looks like it might allow me to indulge in my passion for laundry. In fact it's looking like I might manage it three times in one day. Weather permitting 😎

My plan, in as much as there is one, is to get most jobs out of the way today, so I can enjoy a chilled Monday spent reading, listening to music and doing admin shizz online.

The morning carers came and we had a long chat about the significance of the colours associated with the days of the week (see yesterday's post). Traditionally the day of the week you were born on was used as part of the process of matching couples up for arranged marriages (other birth-related factors were involved). For this reason everyone would know the colour associated with the day of their birth and if someone were to try and marry someone born on the 'wrong' day of the week, the village / community would shun and ostracise them.  This practice is less common these days, I'm told.

All the washing is hung out and I'm spent for the day. Too much excitement.  Next up meditation, then lunch and then something really interesting...

...I'm about to sit down and do the Enneagram institute RHETI test which I purchased a couple of weeks back.  There appear to be one hundred and forty-four questions, they suggest allowing up to 40 minutes, and that you should do it in one sitting.  See you in 40 minutes!

It's done! Apparently, I'm predominantly a Helper (type 2), with my next two highest traits being Peacemaker (type 9) and Loyalist (type 6). There's a ton of stuff to read, and I've only just had time to scratch the surface, so that's another project to add to the other 999.  (Type descriptions are here) Butterfly mind!

There are people who already guessed what the outcome of the test would be, but I wanted to test myself. It is a hugely fascinating tool. There is so much more to it.

Someone was supposed to be coming to buy son #3's keyboard (Yamaha) but didn't turn up.  At around 6, I figured they weren't coming and went for a tentative walk to the post box to see if the exercise would help expedite my recovery.

Son #2 and I made dinner (he did most of it apart from the mashed potato (cue laughing metal aliens)) with the expectation that son #1 would return soon after.

I watched another episode of 'The Saint' as I ate, before switching to Simon Reeve in South America.

There's only one place to be, so I'm off up to bed for a call, 'Dracula' (I've started the book proper), the papers and music.

The Big Moon / 'Trouble' / 'Here Is Everything'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020