Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 15th October 2022

Saturday, yay!  Another quiet weekend ahead, though tonight the clans are all gathering and we're off out to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate sons 1 and 2's birthday (which is actually on Monday)

Had a wonderful conversation with Q after shopping which go my day off to a really good start.

In the meantime, I have the usual things to do, and I'm pretty certain you know what they are, thus I'll not name them.

In between chores I'll be listening to this morning's Radcliffe and Maconie show on BBC6 Music via Sounds.  I note that today is also National Album day and it's all about debut albums.  Maybe I'll commemorate this in my choice of music below (though probably not), and I'm hoping to find some time to listen to music today too.

Sons 1 and 2 went to Ministry of Sound last night and son #2 got home at around 6 a.m. As far as I can tell son #1 must have gone back to his gf's house in town as he's not here. Will either of them make it to their birthday dinner tonight?

Since no-one else is up/around I made lunch and started watching 'TS  Eliot: Into 'The Waste Land'.  After the unsealing of some of his letters we discover that the poem does indeed contain autobiographical detail despite Eliot always denying there was any autobiographical content in any of his poetry. 'The Waste Land' is at the same time both impenetrable and deeply moving. This programme shows why.  Brilliant.

Managed to find time to read the papers and, most important, talk to Q again.

Son #3 was also out on the lash last night and is feeling a little worse for wear. Been there. Done that. (Too many times) Not that keen on the after effects these days.  The long and short of it is he will be here for the drive to the restaurant, but may be nearer the planned departure time than is ideal. Son #1, however, is still in town with his gf and will 'meet you at the restaurant'.  Words. Last. Famous.

And, they're off!!  Three of us are heading to the restaurant having said goodbye and see you later to E.  I always have mixed emotions about events like this.  Telling her what we're doing when she would have wanted to be there seems a little cruel, but equally not involving her in  what we're doing seems equally cruel.  My head will explode.

Back from a fun and excellent Chinese meal.  All five of us did attend though son #1 and his gf were 20 minutes late, as expected.  Great food and company.   We came home via son #3's uni flat (I was driving). Everyone except me popped in to see it.  I stayed in the car and chatted to Q. I've already seen it and I'm sure I'll see it again before.

Usual route to bed and sleep.

Paul Weller / 'Wild Wood' / 'Wild Wood'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020