Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 5th October 2022

Attempted to get up early so I can head off for my car's MOT appointment. I think I'm a bit slower this morning as my back is still a source of discomfort and I didn't sleep well, though not entirely (or even at all?) because of my back.

After the first carer's visit, I finished off getting ready whilst chatting with Q about this, that and nothing else.

Back from the MOT. My car has passed with no additional work required, they've cleaned it inside and out (bird shit, be gone!) and I filled up with fuel on my way home. Now it's time for work.

Along the way, I got a bunch of non-work tasks done in parallel, including organising some supplies for E.

Worked later owing to the late start (MOT) and then switched to different work.

Son #3 started making dinner when a very kind friend brought some more meds around for E.  Both of us are suffering with pains, and I need to start recognising my age and not acting as though I'm still in my thirties. Whenever that was.

I ate dinner while watching a couple of really lazy music documentaries on Sky Arts, one on Heavy Metal and another on Progressive Rock. Guess you can't be comprehensive in less than 30 minutes, and only Will Hodgkinson came out of them well.  The guy who was doing the voiceover sounded almost comatose.  Apart from odd bits of old footage, they really aren't worth watching. Fast forward to the clips.

To bed...let's do it all again tomorrow.

black midi / 'Sugar/Tzu' / 'Hellfire'


[[black midi have eluded me until their most recent album.  The previous albums have felt very clinical as if they are undertaking a mathematical experiment in music.  This track is full of surprises, not least the vocals.  If I ever find the time, I really need to give this album a listen. It intrigues me. ]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020