Tales From the Crypt - Tuesday 18th October 2022

Work to back. Early up.  I don't think I'll have a great deal to say, or at least, much time to say it, due to the day's priorities. I do have an exciting outing planned for the afternoon, though.

As soon as I opened my emails this morning I was reminded that the end-of-year review process is underway, or to be accurate, the first part has to be completed by the end of this week.  Here we go again!

This week's poem is 'The Sick Rose' by William Blake. Since he was famed as an engraver before he was recognised as a poet, I thought a picture of a page from 'Songs of Innocence and of Experience' would look better than the text.  (Thanks to Wikipedia for the image)


Although it is very familiar to me, I've been looking deeper into the words this time around and it gives rise to new thoughts and images.

Another slow cooker dinner tonight - chicken orzo (orzo it seems) - and this is underway such that it will be ready around 7 this evening. It just needs lemon juice, fresh basil and parmesan to serve (and peas for the last 15 minutes, peas on earth)

We ate dinner while watching another HIGNFY charting the fall of surgical.

'Time for bed', said Zebedee...

Pavement / 'Cut Your Hair' / 'Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020